Le Maine Patrat, an enchanting place for your holidays
In the heart of South Charente, in a hilly and unspoiled countryside, come and relax in our two renovated cottages combining elements of original architecture and a modern and contemporary decor for your comfort and serenity.
Well-being and relaxation await you.
The heated swimming pool is open from the beginning of May to the end of the summer (end of September). Le Maine Patrat also hosts a Wellness area with sauna, hammam and Duo Spa.
The 4 hectares park will enchant you with its hilly landscape, the pond with its fountains, the collections of trees, perfumed rosebushes, aromatic plants, the orchard, the citrus greenhouse, the kitchen garden… and a rich fauna easy to observe (butterflies, amphibians, birds, roe deer…). All your senses will be awake.
Pictures taken on the Maine Patrat domain by Sylvain Billot, non-professional naturalist who enjoyed a 2-week stay in 2017 and by Robin Gervot, photographer, in Spring 2018.
– discretion and care are our philosophy of hospitality
– We adapt to your pace, your wishes and expectations
– Share our discoveries and favourite places with you to make your stay an unforgettable experience:
* Delicious restaurants
* Local organic growers who will welcome you on their farm
* Organic winemakers who produce quality wines
* A river where trout is still wild
* ………/ ……….
Ideally located between the ocean, Dordogne, vineyards of Cognac and vineyards of Bordeaux, Angoumois and Saintonge, the South Charente is full of contentment and « art de vivre », among preserved landscapes, generous soils and a remarkable architectural heritage with limestone and Roman tiles.
– Dordogne Brantôme 58 kms
– Cognac 48 kms
– Bordeaux 100 kms
– Saint Emilion 80 kms
– Angoulême 29 kms
– Saintes 73 kms
Train TGV connections Paris/Angoulême 1 H 40 mm
Car rental at Angoulême train station
Spring time is when nature is so beautiful, awakening from winter. Enjoy the swiming pool or relax in the wellness center. Roses are blossomong with so many different fragrances. Let yourself be seduced !
We will share with you the richness of our nature according to the harvests, the fruits of the orchard, the vegetables and the aromatic plants.
Fall is a transition from summer’s energy to winter’s blank coat. Take a walk to admire the beautiful colors of the trees, before a cocooning time in the sauna or the hammam. Enjoy the Norwegian woodstove and it’s flames just before supper.
During the autumn and winter, take a long week-end break, allow yourself to rest, relax and enjoy the changing colors of the landscape.
Our advice in any season, come to the Maine Patrat to do what you don’t have time to do in your everyday life :
– Read a good book
– Watch a movie (there are 5 cinemas within 30 minutes including one arthouse films)
– Discover a gourmet restaurant
– Fill up your cellar with organic and natural wines
– Immerse yourself in the sauna, jacuzzi and hammam
– enjoy an Ayurvedic massage in your cottage
– Enjoy a half-day painting session with Anne (professional painter)
Just change your rhythm.
Discover the place
Discover the cottages
- Surface 65 m²
- Capacity 4 people
- Bedrooms 2
- Surface 80 m²
- Capacity 6 people
- Bedrooms 3